Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebrating Canada Day with Poutine!

Yay for long weekends!

I could not be more excited about this upcoming long weekend.  I will be in Montreal for a stagette with some of my closest girlfriends from university.  We went to McGill together and will be reuniting in the city where we spent our glory years.

Those 4 years were some of the best years of my life and many post-bar late nights were spent consuming the deliciousness Quebec is famous for: poutine! The Quebecois may not be so enthusiastic about Canada Day, but they do know how to make a mean poutine.

I have scoured Toronto in search of the best poutine.  Smoke's Poutinery may come close, and the pulled pork poutine I ate at a small French bistro a couple months back was pretty good, but nothing beats Mama's in Montreal (La Belle Provence is pretty damn good too).

We arrive late tonight and I plan on ordering to the hotel a delicious pound of fries smothered in gravy and cheese curds...Mmmmm....my mouth is watering as I type.

Close friends, sunny weather, nostalgia and poutine...there is no better way to spend a weekend!

Funny enough, I just got a text message from my personal trainer and it said "Have fun in Mtl! Stay away from poutine." Sorry Nate, no can do. The Fat Girl in a Little Coat will be indulging in potato, gravy and cheese goodness this Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment