Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekend Mojitos

My sincere apologies to my loyal readers (Mom & Dad) for being MIA this week.  I've been suffering from a serious lack of creativity and have been unable to blog or write anything for the various communications projects I have on the go. I'm hoping that my weekend out of the city will help get my creative mojo flowing again.

It's going to be a beautiful and sunny weekend, which means it's time to bust out the sunscreen and relax with a refreshing cocktail in hand. My favourite: Mojitos!  I sampled mojito flavoured gelato the other day (I've been "sampling" gelato almost everyday these days) and it has got me craving this delicious summer cocktail.




All you need to make the perfect mojito is:
  • Rum (I prefer white rum)
  • Fresh mint leaves
  • Fresh squeezed lime juice
  • Ice
  • Soda
  • Sugar
Place about 10 mint leaves at the bottom of a glass and add two lime wedges and about 1/2 tbs. of sugar ( or more if you like it a bit sweeter). Muddle everything together and add 2 ounces of rum.  Stir to dissolve sugar.  Fill the glass with ice and top off with soda.  Stir again and garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend...hopefully with a mojito in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment