Friday, June 24, 2011

Fatherly Advice

I have come to realize that my father is likely the only person who reads my blog on a consistent basis (other than my boyfriend who has no choice but to read it when I send him the link to my latest post two seconds after I publish). I am totally cool with the fact that my dad is my biggest blog fan and loyal follower. So long as someone reads what I write (and hopefully tries my recipes), I am happy. 

My dad calls me or sends me an email after every blog posting with his comments, grammatical corrections, "constructive criticisms" and links to urbandictionary.com to highlight the definition of words I use in my postings- Most recently it was the definition of "guido". He is quite the character. I follow shitmydadsays.com on twitter and can't help but relate.

Today's phone call went something like this: "Great blog posting, but maybe you should try cooking stuff that won't burn a hole through my stomach. Curry and cayenne pepper?!?!?"  The next statement was "No wonder you complain about heartburn all the time." He is a doctor, so I do have to take some things he says seriously.  And, in this situation, he is not completely wrong (although, that burger recipe really isn't that spicy).  I do have heartburn complaints quite often but it is now under control thanks to a prescription antacid.

While spicy food is not for everyone, I absolutely love it.  I love the burn and the flavour and I will be honest in saying that most of my cooking, prior to my daily dose of Losec, did give me heartburn. Dr. Dad-I have it under control.

Maybe I should start using a disclaimer before my recipes. "Warning: this meal may cause acid reflux and heartburn.  Cook at your own risk". Or, according to my dad, I just shouldn't use so much spice.

Either way, at the request of my father (my only dedicated reader), I will make an attempt to post more recipes that are more stomach friendly. Okay Dad???

No comments:

Post a Comment