Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Prologue

I am a fat girl in a little coat.

At times, I feel like I was born in the wrong body- not that I am complaining or anything.  My appetite for food (and life) is far bigger than my body mass index.  I am a little girl who loves to eat.

Okay, well, I am not exactly a little girl.  As I slowly approach the age of 30 (1.5 birthdays away), my love of cheese, cake and all things chocolate is beginning to catch up to me.  This is not to say I was not warned that after the age of 25 my metabolism would slow down to a geriatric runner's pace.  I knew this would happen.  I could not go on forever eating baked mac 'n cheese and pizza every other day. (Also, my boyfriend with higher than average cholesterol has taught me all about saturated fats.  Cheese is not so good for the heart.  This fact has almost ruined cheese for me...almost).

My jeans, which I have been wearing since the age of 19, have become too tight and I have been forced to admit to myself that I am no longer a size 2. I am also no longer 19, but that's just a side note.  This is okay.  In an attempt to preserve my twenty something body well into my thirties (and hopefully my forties), I have made a decision- eat healthy, get fit and indulge modestly.

Thus, my blog is born.  I will share recipes, fitness stories and my many indulgences with you as I attempt to live a healthier lifestyle while still enjoying one of life's greatest pleasures- good food.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment