Friday, May 20, 2011

Apocalypse Now: My Last Supper

Okay, we've all seen the signs and read the ramblings of fatalist nut cases who are claiming that tomorrow is the end of the world- REALLY?!? Are we buying into this Armageddon bullshit???

Assuming for the purpose of this posting that today is my very last day of existence, I might as well tell you what the fat girl inside of me is asking for as her last meal:

The starter would be fettuccine alfredo followed by a 12 oz cut of juicy prime rib with a side of garlic mashed potatoes loaded with sour cream (yes, that's right, I like sour cream, and sometimes ketchup, on my mashed potatoes).  For dessert, I would have a big slice of chocolate fudge cake, cookies AND ice cream.  Then I would cleanse my palette with a small bowl of grapefruit gelato.  Once I snap out of my food coma and have taken at least a two hour nap, I would probably order a thin-crust pizza from Pizza Nova.  Sounds like a glutinous last night on earth, doesn't it?



Well, it's likely not my last night on earth and I will be spending my long weekend away at a friend's cottage.  I'm sure there will be some indulgences while I'm there, but I'm thinking I will not be eating a heart-attack-on-a-plate: fettuccine alfredo (although I have been craving it for months!).

Instead, I will indulge on the delicious peanut butter cookies that I will be bringing to share with my friends. 

Here is an easy recipe for Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg
Yes, those are the only ingredients.  I have tried making these with natural peanut butter and Splenda brown sugar blend.  If you decide to go this route, add a package of plain instant oatmeal- otherwise, the batter is way too runny and the cookies will turn out like flat blobs of melted mush.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients together and form into two-inch balls.  Place cookies on cookie sheet (not greased) and stick in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.  Cooking times may vary.  Allow to cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment