Friday, May 20, 2011

Personal Torture...oops, I meant Training.


A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to kick my workout sessions into high gear.  I am afraid of the gym, mostly because I don't know what I am doing, so I decided to get myself a personal trainer (torturer) to show me the ropes.

I have known my trainer, Nate Bower, for over a year now.  He teaches boxing classes on Saturday mornings, which I go to with a couple of my girlfriends.  I have also attended a few of his boot camp classes- 4 weeks, 8 sessions, sheer torture...in a good way if you are into that sort of thing.

I love/hate Nate Bower.  I love that he encourages me to reach my potential but hate him while he is telling me to do just "four more push ups!" (I can barely do one). We have developed a rapport in which he encourages me to push myself to my limits and I call him names and tell him to eff off at least 15 times during my training sessions.  I make claims that he is trying to kill me and scream bloody murder so loudly that the entire gym can hear.  I don't think he minds though.  I'm pretty sure he finds this more amusing and less abusive than it seems.

As a fitness novice, I truly recommend personal training.  My one-on-one sessions with Nate give me the confidence I need to work out on my own in order to achieve my personal fitness goals.

While Nate has not hired me as his PR rep (yet), I figure after all the abuse and name calling, the least I can do is plug his website: http://www.natebowerfitness.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment