Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fuck Calories.



It has certainly been a long while since I’ve posted anything to the blog; my sincere apologies dear readers.
I started a new job two months ago and it’s been quite hectic getting used to a new routine and finding time to do the things I love: read, write, cook, exercise, socialize etc.  Holidays came and went and my promises to post in the New Year seemed quite empty.  But, I am back.  I have found my footing and feel way more in control of my daily routine.  

If you read my blog you likely read other food blogs and are interested in health, fitness etc.  So, like me, you are probably sick of hearing everyone’s views on dieting.  Dieting goes hand-in-hand with the start of a new year. New Year’s Resolutions give way to a flood of dieters and people swearing to shed the 5-10 pounds they gained over the holiday season.

I wish I could shake all those people that swear off carbs, count their calories or drink their meals and tell them this:  Just eat real food. It really is that simple. 

Our bodies need all four food groups to function properly and swearing off foods from any of those groups is merely depriving your body of what it needs.  Calorie counting is bullshit.  Sorry, but it is.  And, you can’t get REAL nutrients from chemically composed meal replacement beverages.  

A friend of mine sent me this little book called "Fuck Calories" and I truly think it is quite insightful.  Read it.  It’s only 45 pages.  You can download a PDF version directly from the link. Everyone struggles with weight or body image in one way or another.  Dealing with it in a healthy way is important both for our physical and mental well-beings. 

1 comment: